Three keys to becoming happy
In short, the (wrong belief) of ‘I am *Chandubhai,’ (aropit bhaav) is egoism. Use that egoism positively if you want worldly comforts; do not do anything negative in it. If you want only miseries, then maintain a negative ego and if you want a mixture of happiness and misery, then do positive and negative together. But if you want liberation, free yourself from the wrong belief and come into the nature of the Self (swa-bhaav). The whole world revolves around these three statements. You are in compliance with the dictates of every religion if you understand these three statements and abide by them.
Therefore there are only these three statements:
1. Have a positive ego to be happy. Positive ego is the ego that does not want to hurt any living being, in the slightest degree.
2. Negative ego is the cause of unhappiness and misery. If someone insults you and you harbor animosity and enmity towards that person, then it is a negative ego. If you complain to the authorities about someone who is hoarding goods illegally in his home, you are avenging yourself. You fool!You had that man arrested because of your animosity? Just for vengeance! This is a negative ego.
3. Become free from the false projection (aropit bhaav) of Self on the worldly self (I am *Chandulal) if you want liberation.
Negative ego is a bad thing. The moment you look to send someone to jail, you are imprisoning yourself. Your thinking should be that whatever comes your way, it comes to you because of your past mistakes so accept it and ‘deposit’ it into your karmic account. When someone insults you, accept the insult and do not lash out if you want to stop the karmic accounts with him. If you can afford to continue the business of this worldly life, then you can retaliate with twice the force.
Do what you like. When you give people respect and you know that the consequences of doing so are good, then you can respect them. It is written in Aptavani One (Dadashri’s first major reference text on Akram Vignan) that you can project into the world as you would in a step well. If you say ‘You are a thief’ into a well, an echo of ‘You are a thief’ will come back to you from the well. So if you don’t like that echo, then say, ‘You are a king’ and it will come back telling you, ‘You are a king.’ This is what the world is like.
Chandubhai* = Whenever Dadashri uses the name 'Chandubhai' or the name of the person Dadashri is addressing, the reader should insert his or her name for exact understanding.
1) If you have even the slightest positive or negative thought about someone, you should erase it immediately. If that thought lingers on for even a moment, it will reach the other person, and then it will proliferate. The thought will grow inside the other person, within four hours, twelve hours or even after two days. Therefore, these vibrations should not drift in that direction.
2) A clean mind is to not have any negative thoughts about the other person. It means not to attack the nimit (the person instrumental in the discharging of one’s karma, unfolding in this life). The mind is cleansed when a negative thought is washed off with instant pratikraman.
3) In this world, only the ‘positive’ will give you happiness; the ‘negative’ will give you nothing but a great deal of grief (dukh).
On the positive path through the nine kalams
Satsang (the company of the Self) means to join with the eternal (sat), to join with the good things, to join with the positive thing. And to join (yoga) with the negative brings pain.
All these religions exist to support positive ego. Just for positive only ‘we’ are telling you that for this positive ego you write down these nine kalams (dikshavakya – a sentence that liberates. Precise orderly writing that leads to total freedom from all obstacles of worldly life). And start to follow according to these nine kalams where all the religions are encompassed. Do not create negative for anyone or anything.
The negativity will break automatically if one remains positive in worldly life, instead of wasting time in destroying negativity. But it takes long time to break this negative. Hey you mooah—the one who is continuously dying—why are you wasting time uselessly to do this?
That any kind of egoism, whether positive or negative, is harmful for our spiritual progress. Read here to know about how to become free from Egoism.
Dadavani Magazine Sep 2009 (Page #8 - Paragraph #3 to #7)
A. Positive Effect of Positive Words A man once asked me, “When will my speech become as pleasant as... Read More
A. Should we find understanding of other people? Some people tell their elders that they have no... Read More
A. Bitter circumstances can be made sweet Dadashri: How is your mother’s health? Questioner:... Read More
A. What is the energy that controls the results? Questioner: My life was very happy with my wife, I... Read More
A. When one comes to know about the correct positive… Questioner: Dada, but it is such that the... Read More
A. Positive line is the side of God Questioner: Can a person with negativity become an atheist... Read More
A. There is an abundance of energy inside. He says that I can’t do it, and then the outcome will be... Read More
A. Eliminate negative through positive Questioner: But as one thinks positive then good thing will... Read More
A. Open mind is a positive attribute Whoever keeps an open mind that person has understood. How much... Read More
A. Profit even during the time of loss through enlightened view Lord Mahavira taught His disciples... Read More
A. Awareness is that which shows one’s own fault Questioner: After attaining self realization (Gnan)... Read More
A. All of us have experienced the tugs and pulls of both positivity as well as negativity at some... Read More